Would you love to have your birthday party or baby shower featured here?
Do you want YOUR party featured? Mimi’s Dollhouse LOVES featuring parties styled by our audience! Whether you are a professional and parties are your business or you are a crafty mama who loves to bake…I want to share YOUR party!
Do you find yourself scrolling through Pinterest or Instagram, looking at other people’s parties?
Do you want to see YOUR party ideas shared for others to ooh and ahh over.
Do you want to inspire creativity in others?
You have amazing ideas…so let’s get them seen!
Tips for Getting Your Party Featured
Take Beautiful Photos
Photo quality is a must! Make sure you have enough lighting (sunlight is awesome for this!!) so your party photos aren’t too dark.
You do NOT have to have a super nice camera to take great party photos. Smart phone photos are pretty awesome if you do them right, so don’t let a lack of camera keep you from submitting YOUR party!
Make sure your photos are in focus. Blurry pictures are not going to best showcase your talent!
Pro Tip: Vary your distance and point of view when taking photos. Sometimes you might photograph a cupcake and then move a little lower and rephotograph it and discover that is looks WAAAAY better from that angle.
Also, take lots of different photos of your party food and activities and decorations. Include as many cool elements of your party as you can.
Include Interesting Information about your party
When you send in your photos…include all those adorable tidbits that made your party AH-MAZ-ING.
Did your one-year-old shove the whole smash cake in her mouth at once?
Did your husband cry when the balloons came out pink at your gender reveal party?
These special moments made your party unique. Let’s include them with your gorgeous party!
Choose a unique theme
Unique themes are the best. If you have a crazy cool party idea no one else has done before…we want to see that. Like throwing a Sprinkle themed Sprinkle! It’s clever and not your typical baby shower theme.
Popular themes are also amazing too, especially if you included some special details in your party. For example, for this princess party, each food item is linked to a specific Disney princess. While princess parties are popular themes you see everywhere, these treats were creative and unique.
Have creative ideas in your party
Spend some time thinking about clever ways to decorate or bake for your party. Our readers LOVE party ideas that can be done with ordinary resources and a limited budget. Ideas like making cacti out of balloons are genius and special.
How to Submit your party for feature
Party Submissions: Mimi’s Dollhouse loves highlighting unique and creative parties. We love all types of parties including birthdays, showers and other special occasions.
Here is some helpful information when it comes to submitting your party photos for feature on our site.
Process for Submission:
- Email your party photos to [email protected]. It is recommended that you send your photos through a file sharing service like Dropbox or Hightail. Please send between 10 and 30 photos. Please include “PARTY SUBMISSION” in the email subject line
- Include a brief description of the party (your words will be used in the feature) that includes any highlights or unique aspects of the event. We also love hearing how you picked your party theme!
- Include a list of all vendors with links (including bakeries, printable designers, photographer, etc.) We really want to give credit where it is due, so please let us give a shout out to the talented folks who helped with your event
How we select parties to feature:
- Preference for features will be given to parties that have high quality, beautiful photography.
- To have the best chance of being selected for a feature, please make sure your photos are at least 600 pixels wide.
- Submissions do not need to be exclusive. I don’t mind if you’ve posted your photos on your own website, facebook, other party sites, etc. I love getting GREAT ideas in front of my audience, regardless of where they also can be seen!
- Submitting photos gives Mimi’s Dollhouse permission to post photos and party details on our site and use in internet and print promotion including but not limited to social media postings. This means we will share them on social media like Pinterest or Instagram and include your ideas in some of our “best of” posts too!
While we would love to feature every party submission we receive, it is not always possible. Please know that not being featured is not a reflection on the party or an indication that we did not like it.
It may just be the wrong season, we may have featured several similar parties or the editorial calendar may just be full.
All submissions chosen for feature will be notified within 5 business days.
We are very excited to showcase your beautiful work. Please email Holly with any questions. Tutorial and recipe submissions are also welcome:)
Feel free to pin this image on Pinterest to encourage others to share their parties too: